I’m not a mind reader, but I’ll bet any money that you are here for one of the following:
• You don’t know where to locate your IP address.
• You don’t know your router’s default login credentials.
• You have forgotten your new router’s login credentials.
• You can’t log in to your router’s administrative panel.
• You can’t configure your router’s settings.
• You are having trouble with your WiFi network.
• You don’t know where to start troubleshooting your router.
Well, if I lose this bet, I’m paying for lunch. That said, how do you go about rectifying those issues? You are not the tech-savvy type; in fact, you don’t even like the idea of browsing from one site to the next just to find an easy to read, no fluff, pointed and comprehensive guide on how to login to Linksys routers. Well, your search ends here. This guide is your one-stop-shop on the subject matter…period. I will walk you through the issues I listed above and reveal a few valuable tips and insight on Linksys routers. Let’s do this, shall we?
When you think routers, you think Linksys, and I mean it. The average router user doesn’t know this, but if you ask a router fanatic, they will tell you that Linksys routers are the flagship brand in the router and modem industry. They boast some of the most impressive router models ever to grace the marketplace and in the homes of millions of happy users. That said, Linksys routers are not invincible to issues. There are always common issues, most of what I listed earlier.
Linksys Web Interface
Linksys web interface works seamlessly, unlike most medium and low-end routers. But what is the web interface? It’s more like a security checkpoint that denies and allows you access to your router’s admin panel. If you don’t have the right credentials, it will reject you, but if you have the correct credentials, it will let you pass through. And of course, this is all done on the web.
Linksys Login Steps
Now that we know what’s a web interface let’s move on to the things you will need to gain access to your admin panel via the Linksys web interface. You will need the following items:
• Linksys router using the Linksys router IP.
• Linksys default password.
• Tablet, Smartphone, or Computer that have a web browser.
Check that Your Devices are Connected to the Network
Don’t be like some folks and forget this part, if the device that you want to access your router’s console isn’t connected to your router’s network, then nothing else will work. You have two options to choose from, either connect to your router using an ethernet cable or, wirelessly. Once this is done, move on to the next step.
Navigate to the Router IP Address
Here’s where it gets interesting, open your browser and navigate to either of the following IP address:
If neither IP address works, then check the back of your Linksys router to locate your IP address. Or you can try this method from your computer:
• Press and hold “WIN+R” (for windows operating system users)
• Press enter when the “ipconfig” command pops up.
• Look for your IP address listed next to “Default Gateway,” from the list of numbers that will show up in the command prompt app.
• Copy and paste this number in your web browser.
Enter the Linksys Router Credentials
If everything has gone smoothly so far, at this point, you should be staring at your admin login page. Now, your default username and password. If you don’t know it, you can look for it at the bottom or the side of your router. It’s sometime in the users’ manual. If you have changed your login credentials in the past and now can’t remember them; jump to the next step. Otherwise, enter your default password and username to gain access to your Linksys control panel.
Resetting Your Router and Changing the User Login Credentials
Here are the steps you need to take if you have forgotten your password:
• Find your router’s reset button (it’s usually at the back of your Linksys router)
• Press and hold the reset button for ten seconds (you should see the lights starting to flicker)
• Login to your Linksys router, but wait until 120 seconds have passed.
By following the steps above, your Linksys router will completely reset to its factory or default settings. This means that all your prior settings have been wiped out and you’re now able to access the Linksys control panel with your default login credentials.
Configuring Your Linksys Router
One of the first configurations you should do after you have accessed your control panel is to change your password from Linksys default to something more unique. Make a note of it as well, in the event you forget at any time in the future. Also, you can make many other changes in your router’s console; configure according to your preferences.
There’s no arguing about which router company manufacturer the best routers. Hands down, Linksys is perhaps the best router manufacturer there is. That said, you will face the common issues here and there, but that’s where this simple, comprehensive, and easy to read guide comes in handy to help you resolve those issues quickly. Well, you have reached the end, and as always, if you have any question, feel free to drop me a message.