The control module mainly detects time to fill the tank with water after receiving the signals from the level sensor. This is one of the reasons why you will find the tank is full most of the time. Besides, the pressure switch regulates the amount of water in each mode, depending on the number of programs in the whirlpool washer.
The meaning: signs of the water level pressure switch failure
An individual is asked to pay attention to the signs of breakdown before troubleshooting and replacing the sensor. The reason behind this is that the washer gains too much or too little water that is needed for washing. One should take care of this as it can make the heating element to burn and cause the fire.
When it comes to repairing of F35 error, an individual should unplug the washing machine for 10 to 20 minutes. Look at the display to find out whether the malfunction code is still displayed. If the procedure failed to help, then be ready to provide repair work.
Check and replace the sensor
To get to the water level switch, you will be needed to complete the following steps.
- Disconnect the washer from voltage and communication
- Get rid of the appliance’s top cover.
- Remove the bolts holding the water level pressure switch
- Remove hose clamp and disconnect the hose
- Take a picture of the connector’s location before removing them
- Disconnect the wires
- Inspect and clean the water level pressure switch hose
- Inspect all parts of a washer after pulling them out. Install a short tube and blow in given parts to create pressure. Doing this would make the serviceable water-level pressure switch to click from one to three times.
- Use a multimeter to provide additional testing. In case it registers contact closure, the device is in order. If otherwise, a new sensor can be installed in reverse order.
Connectors and wiring
Breakdown of wiring means that the electronic module is not receiving a signal from the pressure switch and vice versa. As a result, the process of washing fails to start. To rectify this, an individual should tighten the connections between the control unit and the water level pressure switch. The defective wires should also be replaced.