The error is displayed when the Whirlpool duet front load washer cannot drain water or spin.
What is the error code E1 F9 related?
The cause is likely to be in the drain system. It is associated with unsuccessful attempts of the drainage pump to pump out water. It could be issues in the control board, the pump, pipe, or the hose.
What should be done first?
If water flow s so slow, then there could be some form of clogging. Check the pan and remove any stuck object and then reboot the device. To do this:
- unplug the machine;
- wait for 5 – 10 minutes;
- please switch it on again.
If the error is not resolved, proceed to a detailed examination.
Main causes and methods for their elimination
Trash and other small objects such as coins, socks, foods, nails, and others may be stuck in the system therefore causing the error. To resolve the issue, wash and rinse the filter thoroughly. If broken, replace it.
Hose clogged or pinched
The drain hose may move and get stuck, bent, or twisted due to high vibrations. It can also be clogged with large debris blocking the drain. To reset the issue:
- unravel the hose and evenly distribute the coils;
- blow it with a powerful air stream;
- lower the exit end below 2.4 m from the tank level.
The pipe may also accumulate foreign materials that leads to blocking and this results to several error code for instance E1 F9. Air leaks are also possible.
Clean the tube, using a hook or any other tools that match the diameter. Be sure to take a pan or basin, because there may be water in the tank. To merge it forcibly, you must:
- tilt the unit back;
- lower the hose below the drum.
After this, clean the pipe thoroughly.
The issue could be in the pump itself or its contacts. It is associated with low rattling sound when the drum is rotating, lack of water drainage, and the specific buzz of a working pump. First, observe the connections, as they may also cause error code E1 F9. For this:
- switch off the equipment;
- remove the top panel to access the electronics;
- make sure that the DP2 connector is fully inserted into the control board;
- measure its resistance (norm is 16 Ω);
- if a break is detected, remove the front panel and examine the drain pump;
- check the electrical contacts and restore them by twisting the wires or replacing the harness;
- test the resistance between the two terminals of the pump.
If unrepairable, replace it.
Control board has burnt out
If the error is still appearing, replace the microcircuit.