Similar to other washing devices, Whirlpool Cabrio washer display error codes to imply specific problems. For example, the error code F which appears in exceptional cases, when the washer doesn’t operate at all. In this case, it does neither start nor change. After switching it on, it does not initiate any of the programs. The device buzzes, and as a result makes a continuous sound, and the LEDs light flashes.
What Is the F Error Code Related?
The error code F which is not accompanied by any other sign, number, or letter implies control board failure. It cannot transmit signals to other components and systems. This can be the case if there is a short circuit, severe power surge, and voltage drops in the home network.
In some washer models, the error code is displayed as F1 instead of the usual F. Though wrote differently, they are the same.
If your washer displays error code F, reset it by following these steps:
- Disconnect the washer for 2 minutes and then plug it back (it will help the appliance re-conduct self-diagnostics and conclude that there is no breakdown);
- Press the START and PAUSE buttons simultaneously and hold them for 1 minute to clear the error code.
This is expected to resolve the error but if it doesn’t, then contact the service center or an expert to replace the main module.
You can still troubleshoot error code F by yourself. Doing this may save a significant amount of money. To do this:
- Unplug the device from the mains including the water supply system and electricity.
- Move it a bit away from the wall, turn it towards you (be careful with the inlet and drain hoses).
- Undo three hex screws on the rear panel (bottom).
- Lift the console, turn it forward, and remove.
- Take a photo, draw, or write down the location of the plugs connected to the control board.
- Unplug all plugs and pressure pipes.
- Unfasten the screw and snap the fixing clips off.
- Remove the central module that causes the F error and replace it with a new one.
To reassemble the washing machine, follow the above guide in reverse order. Afterward, reconnect water and power supply and place it on a flat surface. As you do this, hold the power cord and hose gently. As at this position, check it by initiating a run test and if everything is done right, the error code will have disappeared. Otherwise, contact an expert.