The door error in a Samsung washing machine is denoted by the error code DE on display. It implies that the door of the machine has an underlying problem and that it can’t lock properly. The device cannot carry out the washing operations until you clear the error code.
What causes the problem?
The following are the possible causes of the error code:
Damaged door lock
A faulty door lock won’t close well. The problem could be electrical, emanating from frayed wire harness in the door switch. It could also be mechanical due to breakage or poor installation. Loosely attached wire harness would cause the error code to blink in irregular intervals.
- faulty door latch
The spring of the door latch can break or become stuck due to oxidation resulting from constant contact with water.
- Stuck piece of linen/solid material
Any solid material on the part of the door may prevent the door from latching.
- Defective control module
The control module controls the working of the door lock through the switchboard. It keeps the door closed until the end of the washing cycle. A slight error on the electrical control module such as changes in the flow of current may cause the error code to appear. Failure of its elements or faulty wire connection to the door could also cause the problem.
Fixing the error code
Reset the machine
De-energizing the machine will help to clear the error code if it resulted from a temporary error in the control module. Unplug the device from power then restart it after 10 seconds. Some modern washers have a reset button. You only need to long-press the button to reset the device. If the error persists, inspect the door to remove any solid material preventing the door from closing.
Fix the door lock
Start by examining the possibility of any mechanical damage on the lock and then use an ohmmeter to test and replace the wire connection or the switchboard if it is defective.
Fix the door latch
- Safety comes first. Unplug the machine from the power
- Locate the machines door latch and inspect it for any damages
- If the latch is defective, you need to make an order for a new one
- Record the part number of the Samsung washer door latch
- Use the part number to order a new door latch online
- Once it is delivered, unscrew the old door latch and replace it with the new one. The error will clear if it was the only cause of the failure.