Bearings usually last longer. However, due to corrosion and water penetration, these parts may erode, and this will lead to rattling and noise during the washing cycle. Pry off the rubber gasket of the hatch and then move the drum with a hand. If it not tight enough, then the errors may be obvious.
The steps of the repair work
- First, pull out the top cover of the washer by unfastening the two screws at the back and then take out the detergent dispenser.
- After this, pull out the nuts holding the control panel.
- Three of these nuts are behind the dispenser and another nut on the other side.
- After pulling out the panel, now you can check the wires connected to the main module. Afterwards, remove the bottom panel and unscrew the visible nuts to loosen the hatch door.
- Now open the door and remove the outer clamp of the rubber gasket by prying off the gasket with a tool.
- Once done with this, remove the lock assembly by unscrewing the nuts and disconnect any wires to loosen the lock.
- Later, lift and pull the front panel.
- Remove the inner part of the detergent drawer and take it up to access the detergent hose.
- Pull the spring clamp of the tube using a pair of pliers, remove the drawer and then proceed to the counterweights.
- Unscrew the bolts and remove the front and the top counterweights to get down to the heater.
- Then disconnect the wires leading to the radiator and loosen the central bolts. Then, push the nut inside the tub and pull out the heater.
- Remove the branch pipe leading from the tub to the pump and get a flat container at hand, because the residual water may leak from the tube.
- Pull out the hose of the pressure switch from the tub and untighten the clamp of the pipe by unscrewing one bolt and remove it.
- Pull the harness attached to the tab.
- Afterwards, disassemble the back part of the washer and before installing the new parts, clean up the bearing house thoroughly using a soaked sponge.
- Replace the bearing and then fix the new parts carefully.
- If the bearing is well installed, apply some grease on the surface and leave more oil over on seal of the newly installed bearings.
- Afterwards, install it by tapping with a rubber mallet and put the half of the tub on the shaft and assemble the washer in the reverse order.
And that is the solution.