LG direct drive washing appliances are prominent with customers. LG’s novel model design has enhanced the elongation of the motor’s service life to maintain the machines within the affordable price range.
Still, the appliance fails, and it costs too much to repair, especially with their service centre.
Faults of the LG washing apparatus
Statistically, the LG direct drive washers may start to be faulty after five years of operation. The article considers how a typical machine and a direct drive one function for us to understand the way to troubleshoot.
How to rate malfunction in an LG washer
- The heating water is considered to be malfunctioning if the machine is producing cold water during its cycles. The powder dissipates poorly and leaves stains on laundry. You can resolve the problem by first testing the equipment’s resistance with a tester.
- The failure of the pressure switch can be used to measure the malfunction. This element controls the amount of water in the pump. When it is faulty, you will notice that the washer is filling and draining immediately. Again, you will see an error code showing excessive water flow. You can repair or change the switch yourself.
- The bearing and seal, if they wear, you will hear a rattling sound during the cycle. You may inspect the problem by spinning the drum manually. If you listen to noises, then it is the bearing that is malfunctioning.
- The electronic module always suffers from voltage changes and power surges. Though the module failure is rare, the wires and terminals often burn out.
- Due to the way the LG washing device is designed; the drainage system is often blocked. So, if you notice that the washer is draining water poorly, you need to examine the pump.
- The inlet valve may be faulty too. You can repair it by yourself by replacing it with a new one.
Error codes in an LG washer device
Users get to understand the parts that are broken in his LG appliance through the error codes. The instrument is designed to inform the user of any problem. it uses codes that are displayed on the machine when:
- The appliance won’t start
- The cycle won’t start
- Water won’t fill the tub
- The device is clicking and making loud noises when spinning
- The door won’t open
- The washer won’t drain properly
After considering these main malfunctions, you are ready to do the repair work.