The duet dryer F01 error code means there is some damaged electronic machine control board.
This error code often emanates from a glitch or power surge in your electricity supply, and you might sometimes salvage the machine by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
If the error code displays after plugging the machine, you might have to replace the electronic machine control board.
According to Whirlpool, the machine displaying this error code after starting means the main control board WPW10111606 has a burnt connection and can be repaired by soldering the bad connection.
Some consumers have reportedly removed the board and noticed that it looks in perfect condition on both sides, but the gas dryer couldn’t work after reconnection and restarting.
That said, you may not always see the burnt connection when the control board is bad, but the error code F01 means you have a damaged one.
At the same time, you could smell some smoke and see the error code F01 flashing on display, yet the control board is perfectly okay. Though you might think that the fuse is the one that has burned, the chances are that some components of the main control board could have burnt completely.
To clear any doubts, remove the access panel from the front of the dryer, and you’ll see the fuse mounted at the top of the wheel housing. Unplug the two wires and check if the wire connecting the two ends is disconnected. If not, that could be the problem causing the F01 error code.
If the fuse turns out to be good, the problem could be the main control board, and you might have to replace it by ordering a new one and following the steps below.
- Disconnect the mains power supply to the dryer
- Remove the two screws at the back of the console assembly.
- Slide the top section of the dryer
- While standing at the front of the dryer on the left side of the cabinet, you’ll see the control board mounted on the bracket.
- Take a picture of the entire connection before disconnecting so you don’t forget the connection
- Remove the bracket as well as the wires going on the board.
- Install the new board then close the lid with the screws after reconnection.
Some repairs can be hazardous, especially if you’re a novice in the technical landscape. To avoid possible errors from occurring, consult a technician or outsource professional help.