How to reset error
Press the enable-disable button on the control panel to reset the program and remove the error. When it comes to resetting the f20 error code, the program crash of the electrical device on discussion should be excluded. Here, the user should de-energize the washing machine for 10 to 20 minutes then turn on back. If the error disappears from the display, then the problem is successfully eliminated. But if otherwise, proceed to other steps of repairing the whirlpool washing machine.
Whenever an f20 error appears on the display of a machine, then some elements have failed to operate appropriately. Examples of such components include flow sensor, control board, and inlet valve. It is therefore advisable to check the water supply before going on to disable the washing machine. One of the reasons behind this is that there is a probability of water being turned off hence making the technique applied here fail to work. In the same case, the motor could be running, but the water fails to enter the device making the device fail to function properly.
This is the device that controls the amount of water entering into a whirlpool washer. The water level sensor monitors the amount of water in the tank. This is the main difference between the stated two parts.
How flow sensor works:
The water is gained into the washer through the inlet valve. It is then passed to the turbines, which are equipped with magnet and switch.
- The turbines turn whenever the water passes through their valves. The amount of water that passes through here is estimated to be equal to the number of rotations.
- The built-in magnet passes by the switch each turn. The signal is sent to the control module once the switch turns off
- The valve stops water from the gaining process once they receive a command from the board.
The intake valve issue is another reason that causes problems connected to the water gaining process in the washer. below is the procedural approach of fixing such issue;
- Disconnect the filter hose from the washing machine
- Check the blockage of a filter mesh
- Rinse it under tap water.
Some of the factors that cause a control board malfunction include burnt out triggers and capacitors, short circuits, and failure of resistors. Electrical engineering and soldering iron handling skills are required in repairing the controller components.