Siemens dishwashers have a lifespan of 10 plus years. However, they require regular repairs and maintenance otherwise they could fail within a very short period. In this post, you will find out how to repair Siemens dishwashers.
Slow water gaining and program’s hanging up
Your device could start gaining slowly and also hang up after this. At times, this can be corrected by restarting the device but in other cases, it will call for repairs. This is usually the case due to the use of water containing impurities, dirt, and clogs.
To regain the normal water gaining in the machine, and also prevent it from hanging, follow the procedure below.
- Shut off the water flowing into the Siemens dishwasher.
- Put forward the dishwasher to get access to the inlet hose and its connection points. But do it carefully, otherwise, you risk to tear up and squeeze the hoses and the power cord.
- Unplug the hose along with the additional filter from the tap.
- Remove the hose from the other side of the dishwasher and then pull out the regular filter.
- Wipe the position of filter installing with a dry, soft cloth.
- Pour some citric acid (100 grams per 2 liters of water) in small basil. Add warm water and soak both filters in this solution for 2-3 hours. Then, rinse and clean the filters of dirt and install it into the place along with the hose.
Poor washing quality
After some time, the quality of washing may become poor. This could be the case even after adding the right amount of detergent and carrying the process as it’s supposed. This can be caused by:
- weak water pressure;
- clogging of the rotating rocket nozzles.
- Poor working of the detergent supply valve.
To eradicate this issue, it is advisable to clean the detergent cuvette after each washing process using a dry soft cloth. Also, do this to the rockers’ arm and clean the whole device after 2-5 months. For parts such as the nozzles, it is recommended you wash it using an ordinary toothpick.
Carry any form of cleaning using a recommended dishwasher detergent.
Draining water problems
Drainage problems are caused by blockages in the drainage path or a broken pump. If it’s a blockage, wash the drainage paths and remove any clogging on the way, and replace the pump is broken.
Indicators failures, emergency shutdown
Spontaneous emergency shutdown accompanied by sound signals and flashing indicators is also common in Siemens dishwashers. If this is the case, disconnect the dishwasher from the mains and then switch it off. If the issue still reoccurs, consider consulting an expert as the problem could be on the board which is inseparable.