The Siemens dishwasher will display error code E24 due to one or more of the following reasons:
– The level sensor is faulty
– The drain pump is broken down
– The electronic board fails
Fixing error E24
Below are several ways to get rid of error E24 depending on the type of failure.
Rebooting is the first step to error E24. It resolves the error if the problem is a malfunction rather than a failure. To reboot, unplug the appliance from the main power source then wait for about 15 minutes so that you can plug it back and restart the appliance.
• Get the drainage system cleaned up
If rebooting fails to clear the error, then most definitely there could be a problem with the drainage system, requiring you to do a clean-up. Cleaning the drainage system doesn’t have to be necessarily done when error E24 appears. Instead, it should be done every month.
– First, open the door to the tank and remove the dish basket.
– Thoroughly rinse the drain filter after unscrewing it from its position
– Check for the presence of garbage around the pump impeller that’s located just behind the filter. To access the pump impeller, pull the pump cover towards your direction after removing screws. Clean the pump impeller.
– Get the drain hose unplugged and clean it preferably using a brush
– Check for any blockage at the sewer and drain hose joint and clear it
• Drain pump inspection
The openings to the drain pump could be obstructed, causing drainage problems. To get to the pump begin by unscrewing and removing the top and side panels and then turning the appliance upside down. Remove then the appliance’s lower cover by unscrewing and unfastening the latches. There lies the drain pump at the circulation unit’s side. Move to the following procedure
– Get the wiring disconnected from the part
– Holding the part with your hands, rotate it in a counter-clockwise direction
– Check every pump opening fir obstruction and eliminate them
– Check also the drainage pipe
• Grease the rotor
Sometimes, it’s not just blockage that results in error E24. Poor rotor performance could lead the rotor to stop rotating. This happens when water enters the rotor and washes away the grease. It’s therefore essential to check and regularly grease the parts.
• Get an expert
If you’ve done all the above procedures correctly and your device still shows error E24, consider getting an expert for advanced checking and repair.