Siemens Dishwasher Error Code E22

Siemens Dishwasher Error Code E22

Instances when E22 error occurs

In most cases, error code E22 happens at the end of the dishwashing process. Just before completing the process, the error shows. Turning the dishwasher off and then on helps to resume the operation. However, the error may reappear after going through the next 2 to 3 programs.

In other instances, error E22 occurs at the beginning or in the middle of dishwashing. Similar to the previous approach, switching the device off and on can help get the device back to normalcy. The process could stop again after about 15 minutes, following the reissue of error E22.

Restarting the dishwasher could provoke multiple errors such as error e24 and E22 respectfully. Be sure not to restart the dishwasher many times as doing so could trigger premature unit failure.

Why error E22 occurs

The E22 error is as a result of clogged filters. When food residues clog the filter at the bottom of the dishwasher or the dustbin, error E22 shows up. If a person doesn’t wash debris off plates before taking them to the dishwasher, it could initiate error E22.

Apparently, when filters are clogged, most definitely, there will be a problem with water drainage. That’s why error E22 and e24 could show up at the same time.

Mostly, E22 error occurs due to deeper reasons such as when dirt accumulates in different parts of the machine.

When the E22 and e24 errors occur, alternatively, there’s a 20% likelihood that the drain hose could be clogged and an 80% possibility that there’s a problem with the pump.

Fixing error E22

Given that there are several reasons underlying error E22, one needs to examine the appliance thoroughly to determine the exact source of the problem to solve it. All in all, the following procedure should eliminate the error

  • First, disconnect the device from the power and water supply mains and then remove the cutlery baskets and trays. Remove also the plastic sprinkler.
  • Get the filter unscrewed then clean it. Also, remove the strainer and clean it.
  • Unscrew the bolts of the pipe and inspect it for any debris.
  • Turn the device upside down, unscrew the plastic bolts, and locate the heater. Check the condition of the heater.
  • Unscrew the pump that is right at the side of the heater and check if the impeller is rotating properly and is free from debris. In case of difficulties in rotation, remove the bushing rotor, and clean it. Return the pump to its position
  • Check for any obstructions in the drain hose

While identifying the cause of E22 error could be difficult, eliminating the problem is quite easy.  A complete clean-up of all the system’s elements will go a long way.

Follow us or let's have a chat!

All ad and affiliate link money is used to buy broken goods, parts, and tools. All repaired items go to charity.