Why error E09 occurs
In the circulation pump lays the flow heater. Any problem with the heater could result in error E09. But what really causes the flow heater problem? Well, if the heater is burnt up or the wiring has been cut off, there could be a malfunction.
The whole process leading to the destruction of the heater could happen when water flows through the heating element and comes into contact with the worn-out sealant. A short circuit could occur following these activities.
Another reason could be that there’s a clog in the drain filter, and the clog definitely slows the flow of water outside the appliance. The slow movement of water could result in the water overheating and hence burning up the heating element.
Have you ever heard of scale formation? Yes, it happens. Scale formation occurs when there is no selection of salts in the ion exchanger. It could also happen if the selection of ions is incorrect. When this happens, there tends to be overheating.
Fixing error E09
When error E09 occurs in your Siemens dishwasher, you could either reboot or replace the heater.
This is the first thing that should come into your mind before thinking of any repair to your dishwasher. It’s because the error could be due to system failure rather than system malfunction. Switch off the washer and disconnect it from the power source. Wait for 15 minutes to pass before reconnecting and restarting your dishwasher.
- Check the heating element.
If the error still appears even after rebooting, inspect the heating element. To get to the heating element, carefully disassemble the device in the following steps:
- Switch off and disconnect the dishwasher from the mains.
- If the dishwasher is built-in, move the front side away.
- Unscrew the bottom panel and remove the dish baskets from the hopper
- Get off the lower locker arm. Remove also the drain filter
- Behind the drain, the filter is the pump cover. Unscrew it
- Turn the appliance so that the back side faces you. Turn the pump in a counterclockwise direction to disconnect it from the circulation pump.
- Loosen the wires and remove all the fasteners to free off the block
- Spot the pump that holds the heater and disconnect it from its wires
- Replace the heater with a new one.
On completing these steps, reassemble your device. Follow the procedure from the back to get the appliance correctly reassembled.