Why error E01 occurs
Encountering the E01 error code on your device signals an issue with the heater. The issue may be as a result of the following:
- Burnout contacts – It stops the dishwasher’s signal about the start-up;
- Burn out heater – In most cases, this happens due to the water tap excessive hardness. It is the reason why you’ll see some scum available on the element surface.
Before you think of taking it for repair, the professional recommends users consider checking the heater. The challenging thing about this error code depends on the other facts about the Siemens dishwasher models. They come with a single-piece sidewall with the hose, heating element, and nozzle outlet. If the model lacks the screws, it became challenging to disassemble the unit. Thus, you must consider replacing the whole unit.
Fixing error E01
First, ensure that the error code isn’t an accidental one as a result of system failure. To confirm this, you should consider resetting the system icons. Here is what you need to get started.
- Disconnect the device from the main
- Leave it untouched for about one 15 minutes
- Restart it
- Confirm if the error appears on the display
- If the fault persists, consider checking the heater
The Siemens dishwashers have heating elements that have expensive parts. Thus, it is advisable to confirm the heating failure, and when certain, consider a replacement.
To fix the error code E01, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Disconnect the appliance from water, electricity, and sewerage;
- Get the trays out the bunker after opening the door
- Take out the bottom tray and get out the drain filter
- Pull out the screws connecting the nozzles and hoses
- Turn the appliance upside down
- Take out the back cover by pulling out the screws
- Ensure the wiring is disconnected from the pump
- Remove the pump through scrolling it counterclockwise
- Ensure the rubber mount is disconnected through placing a hand under it
- Ensure the wire brand pipes are disconnected
- Pull out the heater
When you’re done, go on with replacing the heater. Consider doing the task in reverse order.