If you love gaming and competing with others, then you will not hesitate to spend dollars on it. Since we work during the day, nighttime is the best time to play games. What if you have to keep on your keyboard instead of the screen then how will you enjoy your free time? In that case, for people like you, keyboards with RGB backlighting have been introduced. With this kind of keyboard, you will not only look cool but will have the best gaming experience of life without the tension of playing in the dark.
But these are electronics; you will not always have a smooth, trouble-free experience because electronics do stop working sometimes. You do not have to worry because some ways will fix these problems. Without wasting further time, let take a look at the ways that will rescue your gaming career.
Table of contents
- ASUS Keyboard Backlight Not Functioning
- Enabling RGB Lighting on Your Laptop
- How to Fix The Non-Functioning Laptop Backlight
- 4: Troubleshoot Your Device
- Frequently Asked Questions
ASUS Keyboard Backlight Not Functioning
ASUS is headquartered in Taiwan, which is a multinational company famous for manufacturing electronic and computer hardware. From graphic cards to high-end motherboards, ASUS supplies almost everything in the computers industry, ASUS RGB laptops are one of them. But recently there are some complaints related to its backlight. People reported that their SUS keyboard backlight is not functioning at all. After doing a little search, it came out that the problems behind the backlight not functioning might be due to the following reasons:
1: No Proper ATK Driver
In ASUS laptops, ATK driver is the function that enables the hotkeys in the keyboard. Install a proper driver to solve this issue on your ASUS keyboard.
2: Issues With The Hardware
In some cases, there is a chance that your computer’s hardware does not correctly sync with the operating system of your windows. For this, all you have to do is, refresh your laptop and start checking every hardware component on your computer.
3: Have You Updated Windows?
If yes, then this might be the reason for your backlight not functioning. Sometimes the backlight stops working due to this kind of update.
4: Your Laptop Might Be In An Error State
If your backlight is still not functioning, then this problem might be the reason behind it. Restart everything; it might help.
Enabling RGB Lighting on Your Laptop
Before knowing how to fix a non-function ASUS backlight, learn how to control the laptop’s lighting, the backlight is controlled through the Function key also known as “Fn”. Using “Fn+F4″, you can increase the brightness while decreasing it; you have to use the combination”Fn+F3”.
Controlling RGB Lighting
ASUS Armoury Crate is an app that controls RGB lighting. This not only controls the lighting but also will help to customize it according to your desires.
How to Fix The Non-Functioning Laptop Backlight
The ways mentioned below will work in fixing any laptop that is supported by RGB.
1: Fixing Backlight Through The Use of a Proper Armoury Crate
Armoury crate- created by ASUS- is a software that deals with the hyper fan and turbo mode, Aura, highlights, and much more,
- Go to ASUS original website and download Armoury crate.
- Once you download it, select the icon of the gaming console and select.
- Click on lighting from the three options.
- You will see an option to customize by just scrolling a little down.
- After you click on it, a message will pop up. Clicking OK will lead your keyboard to be out of Aura synch, and thus the lights will be off.
- You will see an edit button, click on it, and customize Aura.
- Lastly, you can customize the lightings, or you can click OK.
- Once you customize it, click “OK”. Sync your keyboard to Aura, and turn on all the lights once again.
2: Usage of a Proper ATK Driver
“ATK or a hotkey driver” is software that controls the function keys on many laptops. Using it appropriately might help to fix the backlight.
- Go to the official website of ASUS.
- Click on the pop-up saying “enter to download sector”.
- Click download and edit all details of your product.
- Tap on the operating system, and it will lead you to a page where you will find all drivers.
- Download the latest version of ATK
- Install it on your laptop.
3: Turning Off Your Laptop
- Shut down your laptop completely.
- Plug out every single cable attached to your laptop to give it a rest.
- After a while, start your laptop again and check whether the problem is solved or not.
4: Troubleshoot Your Device
Before doing anything else, it is better to check whether running troubleshoot can fix your issue or not. It will not only locate the problem but will fix other problems in your hardware. After troubleshooting your laptop, restart it and check if it is solved.
Frequently Asked Questions
1: How to increase and decrease lighting intensity on ASUS TUF FX505DT?
Use “Fn+F4” to increase lighting and “Fn+F3” to decrease the intensity.
2: Where can I Download ASUS Armoury Crate?
Visit the official website of ASUS for downloading Armoury crate.
3: Why Is ASUS Armoury Crate Not Working On My Laptop?
It is most probably because the ASUS product you are using doesn’t support it.
4: Can I install ATK drivers on my Dell laptop?
Yes, you can but, there are some chances that some features will be lacking ATK drivers.
Wrapping up, If you have a laptop with an RGB backlight, you are lucky because your computer will look cool and you can work in the dark without having to worry about the lighting because due to the RGB backlight, the letters of the keyboard will be visible. But due to some issues, there might be a few times where you will face problems with your ASUS RGB backlight. In that case, the ways mentioned above will help you to fix this issue of yours.