Many Omegle users complain about the camera of their device malfunctioning. The big question is, what causes Omegle camera to stop working?
Table of contents
Omegle Error With Camera
The error that pops up when using the camera is ‘Omegle error with error – requested device not found.’ Here are the procedures for fixing such an error.
Disable Other Programs Using The Camera
The error with the camera on Omegle will likely happen when some other device is using the camera. To clear this error, close any program using the camera.
- Press Win and R keys together to open the Run button. On the Run dialog box, type ms-settings:privacy-webcam and then press enter.
- Go to camera settings, then scroll down the window to choose the apps to access the camera.
- Below this tab, set all toggles to off until you are sure no UWP application is accessing the camera.
Clear Browser Cookies and Cache
Too much browsing cache could block your browser from reading certain web apps like skype and Omegle. Clear cache and cookies on the PC from time to time.
- Open the browser
- Click on the menu on the top right corner if you are using chrome.
- Click Settings from the submenu and scroll down to the on startup,
- Click Advanced.
- At the end of Privacy and Security, on the bottom, click Clear Browsing Data.
- After that, change time to All-time before selecting the Cookies’ checkbox, other site data, cache image, and files.
Update the Browser or Switch to Another Browser
If all the above methods do not work, try and update your browser to the latest version. Many Omegle users who previously had issues with cameras have reported that they had the problem solved once they updated the camera.
To Update The Browser
- Open the browser and click the menu on the right top corner.
- Click Help then About Google Chrome.
- In the following screen, click Update Google Chrome if a new version is available.
Update the Camera Drivers
If your PC drivers are not up to date, the camera may not work as is required. One way to fix the camera of the Omega is by updating the device drivers. To update your PC drivers, follow the steps below.
- Right-click the start menu and select Service Manager.
- Go to the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers
- Navigate to the Camera, imaging section.
- Click the name of your webcam and go to properties.
- Select the Driver
- Click Update driver
- Follow the on-screen steps given to complete the update.
By now, you should have known that camera error on Omega does not mean you stop using the website. Follow the steps mentioned, and you will have the camera working regularly.
It is not without a doubt one of them will solve how to fix the Omegle error with the camera.